Tuesday, May 1, 2012

♥LIST: April Edition...



I am o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with M&TD.  Mondo-mega fan here!  So, imagine the horror when I just recently learned that the April 30th 'Electra Heart' release date I'd been counting down to (for months) was actually for it's UK release.  The album wouldn't be dropping in the US-of-A until July(!!!)  Bullocks!  Thankfully the album was recently leaked  early online and I've been living it on heavy rotation-- all week long.  Don't worry, I'll still purchase E.H. when it finally comes out this Summer, supporting my girl Marina.  I just 'Heart' her so much!  I couldn't wait one more minute!


I have always been fascinated by the story of the Titanic. I remember reading books on it, even in Elementary school.  With 2012 marking the 100 year anniversary of the doomed voyage, I soaked up all of the coverage with old and new documentaries online in addition to the recent ABC mini-series. I didn't make it to the theater to watch it re-released in 3-D but that doesn't mean I didn't want to.  I'll just have to wait until the DVD re-release to catch up with Rose and Jack.


I promise you'll be caught saying "Awwwe" out loud... and often throughout this stunning Disney-Nature Documentary.  I want a little Oscar of my own.  He's just so damn adorable.  Awwwe!  (See!)


Since the uh-mahzing Happy Ending's just wrapped it's second season [Sad Face!] ABC had some big post-Modern Family time slot shoes to fill on Wednesday nights.  I'd heard some great early reviews of Apt. 23, and I'm happy to report that Don't Trust the B is off to a great start.  So make a vacancy night and move in with Chloe, June... and Dawson himself, James Van Der Beek.  Yes, THE James Van Der Beek!  Trust me, in Apartment #1.


@Hill:) Totz LOL @ ur HILarious Internet photo blog.  #LMAO.
  
Even better is that Ms. Clinton was totally game and a good sport.  She meet with the creators of the latest viral meme which started as a joke between two friends.  Could I love her even more?  The answer would be no.


I've recently realized that Salt Lake is the perfect location for road-tripping friends to make a pit stop for a night or two.  Whether traveling East to West, or North to South, I've had several buddies spend some time in my home city.  This month my friend Charlie had the honor during his trek to California for his new job.  I showed off the sites, (Alta snow!)  ate at some tasty grub, (Mmmm!  Ruth's Cafe's macaroni and cheese!) and answered more Mormon questions than I care to recall. (Kolob or bust!)  So to all my friends, who's next?  The welcome mat is always out-- This is the place!


Surprisingly my personal distaste for Tom Cruise did not taint this fun globe-trotting jam packed action flick.   Mission accomplished!


No it's not 2010-- I'm just two years late to the party as I stumbled upon this gem from Sia on Spotify.   It helped me pass the time waiting for Marina's April, July album release.  For those of you with good memories remember that Sia provided the haunting and beautiful soundtrack to the finale  of Six Feet Under; something that moves me to tears, still to this day.  Now there's a blast from the past!   Love List, circa 2005.


You know I love a good shower.  I could spend the whole day in one (if the hot water tank would allow it, and didn't mind looking like a raisin.)  But my daily shower experience was elevated this month with a new upgraded shower head and some gigantic bath towels, sheets.  Getting clean has never been so enjoyable.


Qwiki is a platform that creates interactive, on-the-fly, multimedia presentations of information. It reads automatically selected information from various websites and automatically grabs photos and associated pictures on the subject.  [Think the scene in Wall-E when they learn about Planet Earth.]  Learning has never been so fun and instantly gratifying.  Qwik, try it out for yourself HERE.  It's quite addictive.


After hearing their remixed song, Into the Clouds a few months ago, i decided to Spotify the rest of the 2011 album, Voyage this month.  Along with Sia (#8) The Sound of Arrows, a fantastic electronic duo from Sweden, provided the soundtrack to my April, keeping me company counting down until Marina's debut.  I can't wait to hear more from them in the future!


It's not just adorable kitty-cats, mouth-watering dishes or stunning interiors.  This was the inside joke of the month with my friends... and I am on a mission to get this term into the Urban Dictionary.  You thought you were addicted before?... And that's all I can really say here.  This is a family friendly blog I'm running here.  For the most part.  Now excuse me, PinPo is calling.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Love me some PinPo!